Interested parties must submit a request or communication to the Treasury Department requesting the delivery of the proceeds of the Investment Certificate(s) issued by the Central Bank. This request should include, as an inventoried attachment, the documents described below:
- Original Death Certificate of the Investor, duly authenticated by the Central Electoral Board, if the death took place in the Dominican Republic. If the death took place abroad, the Death Certificate must be issued and authenticated by the responsible agency(ies). If the Death Certificate is not in Spanish, a translation by a Court Interpreter and certified by the Office of the Attorney General of the Dominican Republic must be attached.
- Original Marriage Certificate, if the Investor was married at the time of death, legalized in conformity with the description given in the previous paragraph.
- If the relationship is one of cohabitation or common law marriage, the surviving cohabitant spouse must serve notice through a notarial certificate, bearing the signatures of at least seven (7) witnesses. Said certificate must be certified by the Office of the Attorney General of the Dominican Republic.
- Original of the Birth Certificate(s) of the offspring of the deceased, or whomever has (have) been designated as heir(s), which should be legalized in conformity with the first point, above.
- Photocopy of the National Electoral Identity Card (Cédula) or Passport of the deceased, the surviving spouse, and their offspring, as the case may be, or whomever has (have) been designated as heir(s), at that point in time, in order to establish the corresponding claim.
- Notarial Certificate, signed by a competent Public Notary and signed by a minimum of seven (7) witnesses, and certified by the Office of the Attorney General of the Dominican Republic.
- Payment Receipt issued by the Inheritance and Donations Department of the Directorate General of Internal Taxes (DGII), or in its absence the original authorization of the Directorate, addressed to the Central Bank, so that from the Inheritance and Donations Tax in conformity with the Inheritance and Donations Tax Law No. 2569 of December 4, 1950, a portion shall be deducted from the cash value of the deceased investor's Certificate, to be distributed to heirs and claimants.
- Photocopy of the Investment Certficate(s) to be cancelled for purposes of payment to heirs and claimants.